Mold Inspection Service
Our visual inspection service starts with the area of concern that you have with your home to identify potential causes of mold growth in the area, and inspection of any other areas that could pose potential problems with mold.
Call Advanced Mold Control today and ask about our discounts for senior citizens and military members.
01. Where does mold grow?
Mold does not need a lot of water to thrive and cause major problems. High humidity in your home can cause mold to grow, Some common sites for mold growth include: Basements, Crawlspaces, and Attics.
02. Other factors for mold growth
Moisture isn’t the only thing mold needs in order to grow. It also needs a source of nutrients, which can be any organic substance. Most buildings, including yours, are full of organic materials that provide suitable nutrients for mold growth. Temperature is also not an issue in most cases, as some molds grow in warm temperatures, whereas others thrive in cool locations, such as bread in the refrigerator.
Usually more than one mold type can be found growing in one area, although certain conditions (such as moisture content, light, and temperature) can favor one type of mold over another.
Common types of mold
- Stachybotrys is one member of a group of molds. These molds produce airborne toxins. These molds can cause breathing difficulties, dizziness, memory and hearing loss, and flulike symptoms.
- Cladosporium and Penicillium are more commonly found molds but these molds can cause allergic reactions, asthma, breathing problems, sinus infections, headaches, coughing and eye and throat irritation.
- Memnoniella and Aspergillus versicolor are two types of mold that can produce airborne toxins. They produce mycotoxins and can cause even worse problems. These problems are chronic fatigue, loss of balance and memory, irritability and difficulty speaking.
Why is Mold Hazardous
The spores can be easily inhaled, causing the following symptoms:
- headaches and/or fever
- coughing, wheezing
- runny nose/sinus problems
- ongoing flu-like symptoms
- skin rashes
- Diarrhea and hypersensitivity
- Pneumonitis, asthma, or other immune responses
A few mold species are capable of producing toxins if a proper food source is available. People vary in their sensitivity to the concentration of spores in the air. The elderly, children, and people with compromised immune systems are most vulnerable to the effects of spores. However, even healthy people may react to high concentrations!